Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie the Pooh Society meeting held on the 26th May 2001 in Room 8, 10 Selwyn Gardens.
Present- Rosie, Richard, Debbie, Sarah, Martin, Owen, Ben, Jenny.
Apologies- Kirsten, Benedict, Andrew, Claire, Ian.
- Ben brings us kinder eggs.
- Do we want to call Jenny? Do we want to call her Martin?
- Jenny says (on the phone) she is late.
- Votes to censure Jenny for being late- passed.
- Ben has made Rosie's phone all sticky.
- How is Rob doing?
- The Giraffe Squad: Martin's is more interesting, it has a piece of string.
- Things to do with garden party profits: Ben suggests a bear charity, RIchard sugegsts Niel's school.
- Will Cambridge students bother to stop Anne Campbell getting elected?
- The portrait of Andrew with soap is admired. Soap-on-a-rope is discussed.
- Solar Powered torch manufacturers are cleverer than Owen...
- Ben thinks wild hamsters speak French.
- Votes to mandate Martin to run to parliament- passed.
- Bees swarmed outside Ben's office.
- Votes to let the visitor (Sarah) vote- passed.
- Dave Henderson was mentioned.
- Jenny arrives.
- Votes that Jenny will sit in the corner and eat her snacks on her own- hung-
Jenny/Christopher Robin decides against.
- Jenny tells Martin he will be a s**t supervisor.
- Votes to censure 'Snuggles'- passed.
- Votes to censure Ben another 8000 times- passed
- Rosie reads the minutes of last week's meeting (19th May), introducing Ian to women is discussed.
- The minutes of the extra meeting on the 12th May should've been read last week, but will have to be read next week.
- We discuss society T-shirts. Jenny instructs in checking sizes and colours.
- Ben is being more than 90ø.
- Rosie should find addresses of honourary menbers and invite them to the garden party.
- Owen asks 'Have you got a do-da-ee-wot-sit?'
- A poohsoc alumni is welcoming visits.
- Garden Party prices: £0 teddies
£3 members or in advance
£4 non- members on the day
- For the Garden Party:
Champagne stuff is on special in Sainsbury's now
Rosie- malt extract sandwiches
Andrew- cheese and pineapple on sticks, play Cottleston Pie on the guitar
Ben- lend his car to go shopping in and carry things
The £1.50 MacVities voucher
pin the tail on the Eyore
- We are all really looking forward to Owen's speech...?!
- Ben thinks moles speak Flemish
- Jenny wonders if 'it' (Ben) is like a Furby
- Votes to hang the sofa up with a poster hanger- hung- Jenny decides against
- Ben should go home and stop being so silly.
- The Anxious Pooh Song is read by Rosie and Sarah.
- Votes to commend the readers- passed.
- 'You're so horrid Owen'- passed.
- Next week's meeting will be in Claire's room
- Votes to close- passed
Return To Easter 2001
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 2001.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College