Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society Poohsticks and Punting Expoition held on the 23/02/2003, outside St Johnís, on Poohsticks bridge, on two punts (and in the river), and in the Grad Pad.
Minuted by Rosy, John-h and Roz
Present: (Part I) Rachel C, Rachel H, Rosy
- Meeting opened at 12:20am outside St Johnís.
- Votes to commend Rachel Cís leg for not giving up on the way from there to here: Passed 2:0:1
- We canít close this meeting as we arenít quorate.
(A constitutional point: the motion in minute 2 was carried in a meeting which subsequently became quorate, with as many votes for as in many motions in quorate meetings, but does it count?)
Present: (Part II) Rachel H, Rosy, John-h, Roz, Owen, Sally (briefly), Naath
- John-hís friend is astonished to find he is a member of PoohSoc.
- John-hís friend thinks Poohsticks sounds dodgy.
- Finding somewhere to put John-hís shopping.
- Sally and her parents arrive, collect Sallyís bike, and leave again.
- Not answering phone calls.
- Where is Naath? Roz doesnít want to carry her cake tin about all afternoon.
- The duties of the Captain of Poohsticks, which seem to involve encouraging cheating in the ranks.
- John-h is a cruel and unusual Home Secretary, just call him David.
- His middle name is David. How appropriate.
- But he doesnít know why.
- Rozís arms are too long, like a gorilla.
- If they were on fire then it would be kindest to throw them in the river so letís set them on fire. (Roz)
- The river is unusually low.
- Oh thatís where Naath is.
- Poohsticks round I. Rosy wins.
- Roz has a weapon of mass destruction. Itís a biological weapon.
- Poohsticks round II. Rosy wins again.
- Itís a nice afternoon. Letís go punting.
- Letís throw a Heffalump into the river to make the reverse Poohsticks thing work. (Letís not!)
- Four chaps picnicking by the river.
- The Society should buy some blue braces for the Christopher Robin.
- Silly American accent, "I was having, like, an OK night."
- Fishermen smiling.
- A white heart on the cobbles.
- We decide to go punting. We need two punts.
- It was nice of them to run us into a wall.
- Rosy is rai(?eig?)ning. So is Owen.
- What a beard!
- John-h, do you see that wall? Well we donít want to hit it.
- Pooh socks for PoohSoc.
- Roz once saw a boat row over a duck and it came out the other side dead.
- John-h FELL IN!
- His phone was in his pocket. Oh dear.
- Jack got sprinkled.
- We should fill a paddling pool with Bran Flakes and put John-h in it.
- John-h sploshes away.
- The rest of us go in search of tea in the Grad Pad.
- A lift debate, who shall we throw out?
- Hot chocolate. Heresy.
- Nobody expects the Faculty of Education.
- Itís so pointy it really quite hurts. (Roz)
- We interview Owen.
- We know virtually nothing.
- Ritalin. Again.
- Generalisations about generalisations.
- Lord of the Rings.
- Owenís shoes.
- Wheetabix would be difficult to model.
- Things we wonít tell people.
- Votes to close (before Naath leaves and we lose quorum again). Passed.
Return To Lent 2003
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 2003.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College