Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society
Held on Saturday 27th January 2007 in 16 Fitzwilliam Street,
Present: Californian Girl of Mystery, Brian, Lukshmi, Lisa &
Alexander Beetle, James who is called Giles to avoid confusion
Apologies: Giles (for being late)
- meeting open
- No-one has the coasters; they're somewhere
- votes to commend Alex for bringing plates: passed
- votes to let visitors vote: passed
- votes that visitors could vote for past two votes: highly
- About five years ago, somebody invented the microwave that
doesn't start when you push the start button.
- Beetle is put forth as secretary (for the AGM) and Jack
- Giving minutes to the secretary is entirely non-traditional.
- Is it asleep?
- Lisa's identity is gone.
- Owen knows how magic boxes work.
- Lisa's identity is back, but Brian leaves to make room for
- votes to censure Ben: 5 for, 2 against, 1 abstention
- votes to censure Neil / Dave Henderson, carried
- Giles arrives.
- Jack is Brian of Nazareth and so is his stalking horse.
- The minutes
previous meeting, held on 20th January, are read.
- Council cannot read numbers: carried by overwhelming
- Jack sits on CGM's lap.
- The AGM is on the 17th of February somewhere.
- These two to book Peterhouse for Sheila formal.
- Alex acting Charlotte [illegible] until AGM: passed
- As president, Giles should know. His firm hand is coming
- We do have a bear as an honorary member, but not all bears
are honorary members.
- Lisa wants to be Piglet.
- There's a lot of precedent for people paying Pooh Levies
for others, so Tigger could be under-Tigger.
- Lots of people used to be Kanga.
- Giles will be in London at the next fresher's fair.
- Ed Anderson is incredible in tents.
- reading: In
Which a House is Built at Pooh Corner for Eeyore
- Giles, who is sometimes called James by mistake, changes
his reading voice to a more Poohey voice.
- Council will host the next meeting.
- Lisa is commended by vote for providing Honey Cake.
- Council approves of the mysteriousness of the slips.
- Giles is the sole member of lots of medical societies.
- Giles gets so much random stuff off drugs reps.
- Thing and thing have the same delivery mechanism now.
- sixth-form girls stalking Giles on the internet
- A vote was taken, the details of which have been obscured
for reasons of privacy.
- votes for all to hail our mysterious Californian
overlords: 4 for, 2 against, 2 abstentions
- Giles has a special room for stuff, and Council hasn't been
allocated a storage cage yet.
- "It's six years of doing it and then if I don't like it I
can come out angry." - Giles
- CGM generally doesn't like killing people: carried
- The advantage of Britain over America is that we have cream
- What we need is Isambard kingdom Brunel to have invented a
powered spaceship 150 years ago, then everyone would have handlebar
- Space makes women's breasts explode.
- studying at Cambridge makes women's breasts explode: failed
- Giles is growing a handlebar moustache: carried
- CGM wants to blow up [illegible].
- Under no circumstances is anything huge superglued onto
before he goes onto [next word could be ship or strip] tomorrow: failed!
- "You'd look good in uniform." - Jack, to Anna (and Giles)
- Giles' hat had to be specially made.
- Lisa consults her diary.
- Ceilidh weekends are like buses.
- meeting closed by vote.
- Lisa and Beetle are committee members for the purposes of
booking formal hall tickets and opening meetings.
To Lent 2007
© The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke
College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to
those of Pembroke