Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society Elevenses Meeting, held on the 8th November 2003 in Peile 304, Newnham
Present: Naath, Chess, Owen, Jonathan, Jack, Rosy, Dunstan, Ben, John-h, Alison, Rachel C, Tom
Apologies: Katie, Rachel H, Roz
- Meeting opened.
- Means of paying for College food are discussed.
- This is a capitalist society... No it isnít.
- Surely if this were a truly capitalist society the Pooh Levy paid would depend on how much you really, really, really want to be a member.
- There are things which are more important than rubber-band Gatling guns. Passed.
- At this point Dunstan, Ben, John-h and Alison arrive and the following is reported:
Dunstan, on Alison greeting him, Ben and John-h as gentlemen: "You malign us, we are three youthful maidens."
- Ben proposes himself for honorary membership. This blatant attempt to escape paying his Pooh Levy is justly ignored by the members present so...
- Ben pays his Pooh Levy.
- Dunstan hands over his Pooh Levy, having, of course, paid it to himself two weeks ago.
- Ben is a big girl (see 6.)
- Votes to censure November for coming too soon. Passed.
- Votes to censure them for putting the minutes in context. Failed.
- Martinís not a person. Passed.
- Minutes are read by Owen, Rachel C and Alison.
- Every two minutes you shout seconded.
- Votes to make Tom go and stand in the corner. Passed.
- Votes to let visitors vote. Hung, visitor decides for.
- Votes to mandate Naath to make Tom go and stand in a corner. Passed.
- Ben likes Dunstanís head.
- Votes to write to Foxes and tell them they may not change the name of their biscuits. Passed.
- Biscuit hustings: Ginger biscuits (dunk test 11)
- Itís all fine and no-oneís going to eat us. Passed.
- You have to be very, very careful with the Spanish Inquisition. Passed.
- Foxes Crunch Creams (dunk test 7)
- Multiply the results by i. Or possibly by imaginary pi. Passed.
- Reading: Chapter V of the New Testament "In which Rabbit has a Busy Day and we find out what Christopher Robin does in the Mornings."
- Rabbit IS Alistair Campbell, isnít he.
- Biscuit Vote: Crunch Creams win 6:5.
- John-h hands over his Pooh Levy.
- Another long assassins discussion, including:
"You could just put an axe on their doorhandle.
- Votes to censure all the assassins present for non-Pooh-related material. Passed.
- Just give him £2. Hung. (The hung vote was never broken but Tom did, eventually give Neil £2)
- Votes to censure Ecstatic for being static. Passed.
- Comparisons are drawn between.... suggestions are invited, as I failed to record any of the salient facts. Ed.
- For the rest of the meeting Ben is to be called "The EGM". Passed.
- Votes to censure Owen for not calling the EGM The EGM. Passed.
- The following conversation is recorded:
Tom: I had a conversation with someone called Cath. It might have been embarrassing but I canít remember, I was drunk.
Chess: How do you know it was just a conversation?
Tom: Well... she was in France
- I think France is somehow worse. Failed.
- You have the spirit of PoohSoc! Give it back, damn you!
- Votes to mandate Jonathan to write the PoohSoc alternative guide to the colleges: Failed.
- The Prime Minister has to resign. Passed.
- Votes to mandate Owen to make him resign.
- Ben The EGM is a pervy hobbit fancier and a pervy elf fancier... (by his own admission) and Winnie-the-Pooh, infact (according to Owen).
- The EGM will be held in the Inner Parlour at Pembroke 4pm 15th October. Itís not clear by whom but we may wish to consider relocating our General Meeting.
- The conversation again descends into Fantasy and Role Play discussions.
- Votes to censure them for non-Pooh related material. Passed.
- We need to censure Neil. Passed.
- Votes to censure Jonathan. Passed.
- Votes to censure Neil for sneaky misdirection. Failed.
- We should have a meeting at which it is illegal to censure Neil to see if we can think of any other motions. Passed.
- We should have Peace and Goodwill amongst men. Passed.
- Votes to censure Tom for calling PoohSoc CULES. Passed.
- Mathmos being mathmos. Passed.
- We should have a massive PoohSoc twister game at Formal Room 1. Passed.
- Votes to close. Passed.
- Meeting reopened to allow:
Votes to censure them for non-Pooh-related material. Passed
- Votes to close.
Return To Michaelmas 2003
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 2003.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College