Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society Annual General Meeting held on the 16th February 2002 in N7.
Present : Owen, Martin, Roz, Richard, Andrew, Rosie, Neil, Debbie, Ian (with another group of people in formal hall)
Apologies : Jenny
- Andrew reads the minutes from the Poohsoc meeting held on the 02/02/02
- We're passing minutes around.
- Debbie arrives
- Jenny's going to stand for Christopher Robin
- Claire's cheque for a T-shirt has expired
- Elections for President
- Owen doesn't have a speech.
- Votes to mandate Andrew to find Owen: Passed
- Votes to censure Owen for skipping around a green not a courtyard: Passed
- Votes to commend the cashbox for gaining interest: Passed
- A spoilt motion to do with cashboxes and interest.
- Neil tries to hust and gets picked on some more. He claims to be able to add and type.
- Votes to allow Neil to skip back to his room to fetch rum, minutes and wine: Passed
- Votes to commend Andrew for catching the biscuits: Passed
- Election for Treasurer:
- Rosie reads the pancake minutes.
- Votes for Neil to be the society devilair: Passed
- Martin offers to stand for secretary.
- Election for Secretary:
- Pooh can do backflips.
- Election for Christopher Robin:
- Reading/husting: A modified If I where King.
- Votes to censure Jenny for copying Jenny's hustings: Passed
- Votes to let Jenny skip at a later date: Passed
- Election for Under Secretary:
- Neil is glad no-one seconded it: Passed
- Election for Foreign Secretary
- Votes to commend Pooh on touching his toes: Passed
- Andrew is the first to congratulate the new Foreign Secretary.
- Votes for more elections then a discussion: Passed
- Election for James
- Election for Eeyore
- Votes that Owen should skip around the court again: Failed
- Election for Wol
- Election for Under secretary
- Election for Kanga
- We discuss the changes to the constitution (see separate sheet)
- We donate the biscuits to Andrew since he can't come to formal hall.
- We sing Cottleston pie
- The loyal toast
- Owen gives us a speech
- We sing Cottleston pie again
- Votes to call Martin "Oh great secretary who knows the constitution so well" from now on: Passed
- Trials for Captain of Poohsticks will be held.
- Next weeks meeting in the Graduate cafe at 2pm.
- Votes that Roz has to sing the minutes: Passed
- We play table football
- Ducks have more rights than students at Emmanuel.
- Votes to commend Debbie on the biscuits: Passed
- Neil is trying to get Roz drunk.
- Votes to censure Neil: Passed
- Votes to censure Roz for not being censured as much as Neil: Failed
- Al-the-alcoholic goat.
- Minutes of poohsoc meeting on 09/02/02 are read by Roz
- Votes to censure Neil for bad grammar: Hung
- Votes to censure Owen at some point: Passed
- Votes to commend Martin on spoiling his ballot: Hung
- Votes to censure Neil for contradicting the minutes: Passed
- Neil's own little world contains elephants, and he is commended for this.
- We're all trying to get Roz drunk.
- Votes to censure Roz for saying silly things in the minutes: Passed
- Votes to commend Roz for censuring herself: Failed
- Votes to censure Neil for not pointing out Owen is knicker obsessed: Passed
- Votes to censure Neil for misquoting the testaments: Passed
- Reading: Furry bear : Owen
- Reading: Roz : The three foxes
- We can censure him for anything because he's Neil: Passed
- The president say's so, so it must be true: Passed
- Official society position...
- ...called the Neil, that must be censured 20 times a meeting: Failed
- Votes to censure Neil again: Passed
- Neil has to censure himself: Passed
- Votes to censure Neil proposed by Neil: Failed
- Votes to censure Neil for Failing to censure himself: Passed
- Votes that Neil is too slow: Passed
- Votes to commend Neil: Failed.
- Reading: In the Dark: Owen
- Maybe it's just Owen: Passed
- Reading: Lines and Squares: Roz
- Reading: Rice pudding: Owen
- We're not foolish: Passed
- Reading: Wrong house: Owen
- Reading: Summer afternoon: Roz
- Votes to censure Neil for reading non-pooh related material: Passed
- Reading: Vespers : Owen/Roz
- Reading: The End: Owen
- How we where born
- Reading: The engineer : Owen
- Reading: The knight who's armour didn't squeak : Roz/Owen
- Roz knows about steal.
- Ancient students - over 75.
- It's concrete under the carpets in foundress, we checked.
- It's preposterous to own a cummerbund: Passed
- Martin should try being a girl for a day: Passed
- Votes to close: Passed
Return To Lent 2002
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 2002.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College